WHO WE ARE
What makes lead distinct?
It’s in the name.
Living Everyday As Disciples.
For people of faith, we believe that leadership and discipleship are inextricably intertwined.
When you work with LEAD, you will deepen your discipleship – your worship life, your engagement with scripture, your prayer life, spiritual practices, stewardship, and your trust that God can make all things possible. And by deepening your discipleship, you will grow as a leader, a congregation, a judicatory or an organization.
Why does this matter?
The number of people engaged in a life of faith is in decline. So many in the world around us suffer from injustice and oppression. Others live lives filled with brokenness – fear, anxiety, shame, despair, worthlessness.
The message of the gospel is hope, life, love, healing, forgiveness, freedom, purpose. The church has a calling to find new ways to live and proclaim the message of the gospel, to invite others into the abundant life of God, to make disciples.
The work before us is daunting.
How do small declining communities of faith become the church that the scriptures call us to be?
The best leadership material in the world cannot solve this problem. But with God all things are possible.
Effective, faithful church leadership begins with discipleship, with a deep trust in God and an ability to put faith into practice.
I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly. –John 10:10b
What does this look like?
Discipled leaders are able to:
- Change the world around them by strengthening communities of faith who preach, teach, proclaim, and live the way of Jesus Christ.
- Face difficult challenges with humility, confidence, and resilience.
- Discern the voice and leading of God in ministry.
- Invite and mentor others in discipleship.
- Teach the faith to new believers.
- Transform existing communities of faith into places of peace, justice, and mission.