LENTEN RESOURCES 2016
Print-ready resources for worship & reflection
Using texts from the Revised Common Lectionary, the resources include:
- Weekly bulletins with liturgy and prayers
- Weekly guided spiritual practices
- The resources are ideal for individuals, families, small groups, Sunday School classes, or for use in a multi-generational setting involving the entire congregation
About the liturgies
Five contemplative liturgies and accompanying coloring pages in a variety of formats for use during Lent.
Designed for individuals, congregations or small groups, these weekly resources can be used:
- on their own.
- with the Gospel readings from the Revised Common Lectionary.
- to support the themes from Sundays and Seasons: eyes, ears, hands, hearts, and lives.
- to accompany the ELCA World Hunger’s 40 Days of Giving.
Liturgies: Each liturgy, written by Lynn Willis, includes:
- Scripture Reading
- Time of Silence
Print-ready versions of the liturgies are provided in color or black & white as well as editable Publisher versions (available upon request) to allow you to incorporate the pieces into your own Lenten worship.
Art: The liturgies are illustrated with original art by Vonda Drees. The images are available in a variety of styles, both black & white and full-color, so you may customize them for your personal use or for your congregation.
“Like” the LEAD Facebook page to receive occasional posts during Lent with photos, artwork, prayers, and reflections.
How to use?
- As part of Sunday worship during Lent
- For special mid-week Lenten services
- Worshipers can be invited to color the black and white images during a period of quiet reflection
- As personal devotions during Lent
- Daily prayer
- Coloring the black and white versions provides time to reflect on the messages
- Encourage coloring as a spiritual practice throughout Lent
- Youth groups
- Children’s worship
- Adult small groups
- Handout at worship for use at home
- As pieces are completed, combine them to create a collage
Color – high resolution image, suitable for printing
- Images for worship bulletins, newsletters, slides
- Print individual pieces and add one each week to complete the collage
Here are print ready versions of the full collage in black and white, suitable for coloring. (8.5×11) (11×17) They can be divided into 5 parts for use throughout Lent. To save an individual image for printing, click on the image to enlarge it then right click and choose “Save image as.”